Sunday, May 7, 2017

Blog #13 Reflection On Essay #3

     Going into this project, I honestly was a little nervous. I am really not tech savvy and everyone else seemed to have experience editing videos. I assumed that the actual editing would be challenging and a little tedious. Yet I soon found out later that a little research on the internet would be extremely useful for me. On the other hand, I was always excited to do the interviews and felt that they would be very informative. Overall, I felt that it turned out pretty well considering I didn't even know how to shorten a clip when I started and that I learned a lot of useful tips for my future career. There were a few different things I really enjoyed from the project. One of my favorite was that I got to interview Professor Bollert, whom I had first semester for philosophy. I think that he gave an interesting perspective overall in my project. He gave informative advice not only for me but for all students. I also enjoyed interviewing my aunt who is a lawyer. It was nice hearing her in a different lens than usual. She said things that I hadn't even known before this interview and it was refreshing hearing about her journey with literacy. Lastly, it was kind of fun adding background music and memes to my project which I think will keep viewers more intrigued. The only thing I wish I had improved upon a little more was the sound in one part, but I couldn't really fix it too much because the interviewee spoke very softly. Ultimately, I am really happy with the end result of this project, I left with a better understanding of video editing and a respect for everyone's path in literacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment