Saturday, March 25, 2017

Reflection For Essay # 2

Completing this essay overall was a little challenging for me. It presented a challenge because I have honestly never really thought about issues such as who should have the power to control access to literature and literacy. I found that I had to critically think and research extra before I decided my opinion on the issues. The essay involved more thought than usual because the matters discussed had a lot of grey area that, in my opinion, was challenging to decipher. In the majority of the essay, I argue that the government should not have the right to control what people read or watch, despite the message they think it is trying to send. If I could fix my first draft, I would likely make it a little longer. I wanted to write more but I felt that if I did it would be hard to transition to the close of the paper. There are so many facts on the internet about government bans and why they do certain things, that it just felt a little overwhelming. Since I could only write so much, I included, which I believe to the most important to discuss. However, despite being presented with a challenge, I liked the fact that I got to learn about something new. It was extremely fascinating to learn about why the government bans certain things because they believe it promotes some concept in too "radical"  a fashion. Also I really enjoyed watching the movie Trumbo in class and felt it geared me in the right direction for the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment